The Pantone Colour of the Year 2020 has been announced and this year it is all about Classic Blue!
PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue brings calm, confidence, and connection as we just crossed the threshold into a new era. This timeless and enduring blue hue is elegant in its simplicity and is already found in lots of Scandinavian design pieces. Imprinted in our mind as a restful colour, adding Classic Blue will help bring a sense of peace and tranquility to your home.
Every year since I started the blog I have been sharing my selection of Scandinavian design in the colour of the year. Here is a collection of items to inspire anyone wanting to add touches of Classic Blue to their home. What do you think? Will you be incorporating it into your interior or maybe you already have? I love this classic shade of blue and already have quite a few items dotted around my home.
- PH 5 Mini by Louis Poulsen
- Nest wall hook / storage by Northern
- Pleece throw by Design House Stockholm
- Cup & saucer by Royal Copenhagen
- Touchwood chair by Hem
- Bunadblanket by Fram Oslo
- Lethe art print by Anna Mörner for the Poster Club
- Manhattan cushion by Elvang Denmark
- Fly lounge chair by & Tradition
- Day wall clock by Normann Copenhagen
- Oiva / Sääpäiväkirja plate by Marimekko
- Dalahorse by Skandium
- The Five pouf remix 773 by Muuto
- HAV scent diffuser by Skandinavisk
- Alvar Aalto collection vase by Iittala
- Secant coffee table by Warm Nordic
- Hana vase by Studio Arhoj
- Kaleido s tray by Hay
“We are living in a time that requires trust and faith. It is this kind of constancy and confidence that is expressed by PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue, a solid and dependable blue hue we can always rely on. Imbued with deep resonance, Classic Blue provides an anchoring foundation. A boundless blue evocative of the vast and infinite evening sky, Classic Blue encourages us to look beyond the obvious to expand our thinking; challenging us to think more deeply, increase our perspective and open the flow of communication,” says Leatrice Eisman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute
The image above is by Norwegian Jotun Lady from their interior colour trends for 2020 (see the full report here) and the LADY 4863 Statement Blue is a perfect choice if you want to bring the blue trend into your home. Statement Blue creates a bold and personal interior that oozes sophisticated self-confidence. A colour that provides plenty of energy and adds exciting character to the home. The option for those who want a clear and effective colour expression!
Have a look in the archive: