In this series we visit different homes to see how we can recreate them, and this time I chose this cozy Scandinavian livingroom with soft tones.
I spotted this beautiful home from Gothenburg in Sweden on Alvheim and instantly fell in love with the simple style and neutral tones which to me seems perfect for autumn time. In the livingroom we can see a mix of textures in a lovely range of warm colours. This soft expression from the colours and the use of linen in combination with the graphic statement rug creates a homely and calm feeling in the space – perfect for relaxation.
(At the bottom of this post you can find links to my selection of items for recreating the style of this room).
Get the look:
Here you can find my selection of items, some are the same and others are similar, to help you create the same look as seen in this cozy Scandinavian livingroom with soft tones.
- Rug: A big part of getting the look from this room is the beautiful rug with its simple and graphic diamond pattern design and fringed edging. This Jiraya Berber-Style rug found on La Redoute (pictured) is perfect and comes in a few different sizes depending on how large your livingroom is. As an alternative which is similar, what about the VANTORE rug from IKEA in light beige or the Masali rug from Made which has a slight different design.
- Coffee table: Available in four colours and four sizes, the Tray Table from HAY (here displayed in light grey) is composed of a powder coated solid steel frame and a removable tray. The added flexibility of small tables makes it easy to adapt them to any living room situation, and it is such a great Scandinavian design classic.
- Rocking chair: The Vitra Eames RAR rocking chair is such a staple piece and helps to add a bit of history to a modern space like this. Designed by Charles and Ray Eames, the plastic Eames chairs are true design icons of the 1950s. Their popularity lies in the timeless, ergonomic design and various leg options. Nowadays we can find other similar chairs, like for instance the Form rocking chair by Normann Copenhagen which is another option to choose.
- Sofa: To get a similar look for the sofa, I think the IKEA SÖDERHAMN 3-seat sofa in beige is a great and affordable choice. The deep seats, moveable back cushions and suspension fabric make this seating very comfortable to snuggle up on.
- Pouf: This cozy Lounge Pug bean bag chair available from Amazon will help add a softness and homely touch to your livingroom.
- Prints: In this livingroom over the sofa, you can see the Kamut and Pampas art prints both from Coco Lapine, which fit so well into this setup don’t you think?
- Vases: Adding a few accessories can help tie the room together, and I love the darker brown and mustard shaded vases seen on the coffee table. I have found two similar vases: the Menu Troll vase drawn by Norwegian designers Anderssen & Voll and the Klassik Studio Milo Drop vase, which both look great on the Tray Table.
- Lamp: The Artemide Tolomeo Classic LED floor lamp is a sophisticated and versatile lamp ideal for contemporary styling.
- Blanket: Crafted from soft cotton, the Crinkle Plaid from HAY features a satisfyingly tactile texture and tasseled ends. Casually stylish, this lightweight throw blanket is a practical addition to the sofa and adds a lovely touch of hygge to the home.
- Cushions: The more cushions, the better I say! I live the mix of soft tones and textures here and have found a few similar ones you might like. 1 dark &Tradition linen SC29 cushion, 2 lighter ONEGA linen cushion cover, 3 lightest HAY Plica tint cushion and 4 white and silver faux fur cushion cover from Maisons du Monde.
(as seen in this order in the image).
- Lampshade: I count find the same lamp as seen here, it might be a vintage piece, but if you search Etsy there are some beautiful ones like this handmade version in pink. If not you can opt for the plain white REGOLIT pendant lamp from IKEA (and maybe even paint it yourself in a nice floral pattern).
- Curtains: The soft, long curtains in neutral beige helps to create an airy space, and I found smilier linen curtains with tab top from La Redoute which will work lovely.
I hope this post will inspire you & stay tuned for more ‘get the look’ posts with other Scandinavian interiors (and check out my last post in the series GET THE LOOK: COZY & QUIRKY BLUE SWEDISH BEDROOM).
Disclaimer: some of the above links are affiliated which means I will receive a small commission. You won’t pay any more by clicking on these links, but it will help me to be able to continue providing you with free content here on the blog, so thank you for the support!