As I write this I still can’t believe it: I won the ‘best written blog’ in the international category at Amara interior blog awards 2019!!
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who follow and support That Scandinavian Feeling. When I started the blog 6 years ago it was just a way for me to share what inspired me, and as it evolved to become what it is today I am truly enjoying being able to share a piece of the Scandinavian Feeling with you all no matter where you are in the world.
The awards night was held in London on Thursday last week in the stunning One Marylebone venue. It was one of those crazy, surreal and wonderful moments that I will remember and cherish forever. It means a lot to be seen and recognised for all the work I have put into the blog. It is a huge motivation and I hope this will open up more opportunities for it to continue to grow. With that in mind, if you are a brand or company who would like to collaborate and work with me – get in touch as I would love to chat!
Here are the winning blogs for 2019:
This year there was two winners crowned in each category, one for the UK and one international with 20 category winners taking home awards. Do have a browse of the other winners to discover great interior blogs from UK and beyond. Find the list here as well as links below.
- Best Creative & Skill Blog: I am Hayley Stuart (UK) Anika’s DIY Life (International)
- Best Company Blog: 91 Magazine (UK) Karama by Hoda (International)
- Best Design Inspiration Blog: Film and Furniture (UK) ILARIA FATONE (International)
- Best Interior Designer Blog: Rachel Usher Interior Design (UK) Mr Jason Grant (International)
- Best Interior Lifestyle Blog: We Love Home (UK) Hello Central Avenue (International)
- Best Newcomer Blog: Paper Thin Moon (UK) Soonafternoon (International)
- Best Use of Photography Blog: Humphrey & Grace (UK) Ellen Bliss Home (International)
- Best Written Blog: All Up In My Space (UK) That Scandinavian Feeling (International)
- Best Home Styling Blog: Swoon Worthy (UK) Grace In My Space (International)
- Best Use of Instagram: @my_london_home (UK) @FoxHollowStyle (International)
- Bloggers’ Choice: Swoon Worthy
Be sure to also check out the full list of nominated blogs from this year – so much talent!
About the award: the Amara interior blog awards is the biggest celebration of interior blogs in the industry and is now in its sixth year. Recognised across the globe as the leading interior blogging event, the awards triumph and engage with the most authoritative and respected bloggers to give them the recognition they deserve. This years event was hosted by Sophie Robinson who has 20 years experience in journalism, television and design & Kate Watson-Smyth who is the face behind the award-winning blog Mad about the House. Together, they also host The Great Indoors podcast and they’re on a mission to make interior design accessible and achievable to the many, not the few.
About the ‘best written blog’ category: for those that love to craft a masterpiece with their words, this award is reserved for the best writers in the interior blogging industry who go one step beyond the rest with their writing quality. From funny and light-hearted reads to in-depth and educational posts, these nominees will all have impeccable writing and grammatical skills + a recognisable writing style throughout the blog which is both entertaining & educating.
// Photo credit: Amara interior blog awards