Happy Friday, how are you all?
Since May has already begun (a great month in my mind), its time to look back and reflect on what April had to offer. For me, April is a month of hope and longing for spring and warmer weather, but also a time to really enjoy those little moments whether that is indoors or outdoors. This period always makes me think of the famous quote:
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
– Robert Brault.
And in that spirit, I thought I would share a little list of small things to appreciate. Because it is important to enjoy what really matters, those little moments between the big ones that sometimes get overlooked and can make a huge difference.
- Waking up after a great night sleep, the kind of deep sleep that makes you feel fully rested and ready.
- Coming home to a warm home after a fresh walk outside in the crisp spring air.
- The smell of freshly baked cinnamon buns.
- Hearing birds singing outside your window.
- Sleeping in fresh, clean sheets.
- Receiving mail in the post that’s not a bill.
- Enjoying a lovely meal that someone prepared for you.
- Finding the perfect spot to stop and enjoy the beautiful scenery on a hike.
- Picking wildflowers to bring home and decorate with.
- Coming home from work when it is still light outside.
- When someone makes you the perfect cup of coffee.
- Getting a surprise visit from a friend you haven’t seen in a while.
- A compliment from a stranger.
- Sitting inside listening to the rain outside knowing you don’t have to go anywhere.
- Cuddles with your pet.
- Singing loud to your favourite song.
- Holding hands with a loved one.
- A kind person helping you when you need it the most.
- Opening the first page of a new book and knowing you will love it.
- Jumping into bed after a long day and knowing tomorrow is Saturday (yay!)
What little moments do you enjoy the most?
I love looking at all your posts on Instagram of how you slow down and find #thatscandinavianfeeling wherever you are, and it makes me so happy that so many of you are using and discovering my hashtag. Every month I feature four moments shared in the feed by you, and below you can find this month’s selection. These monthly little catch-ups are a great way to get to know each other and to discover new accounts, so make sure you click through to see more of their beautiful feeds and give them a follow – let’s spread the joy!
1 // @nordickitchenstories
“For me that Scandinavian feeling is taking time to saver a meal, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. A table set, candles or flowers. Care and thought in presentation, now sit and enjoy. There doesn’t need to be conversation, people with whom you can sit at a table and have a delicious meal and not feel uncomfortable when none of you have anything to say is very special.”
2 // @mahtava.de
“Scandinavians love nature & design. Clean lines added with some colour into those silent sceneries… and so do I!”
3 // @nngiftsandinteriors
“Connecting with nature and bringing some greenery into my home, which I miss from Norway living in London. That feeling of spring and sunshine with longer days which instantly lifts your mood. Always having something beautiful in my vases.”
4 // @jojoodles
“That Scandinavian feeling is taking time each day to do something that brings me joy. Taking time to slow down, be fully present and enjoy all those little moments in between the big moments. Having a space in the home that looks inviting, a chair I want to curl up in. Making a home beautiful in simple and inexpensive ways.”
Join in and share your moments too by adding the hashtag on your Instagram posts. How do you find that Scandinavian feeling? How are you enjoying the little things in life?