We all have a responsibility to take care of this lovely place called earth. Since it’s Earth Day today I thought I would share some easy tips on how you can make a difference in your daily life;
- Ditch the plastic bags when shopping and get a nice reusable bag, like for instance this one. Or even better, why not get your own shopping basket to bring to the foodstore, this new one from IKEA is perfect!
- Always remember to turn off the lights when exiting a room. And if it’s a sunny day, open your curtains to make use of the lovely natural light.
- Avoid buying bottle water (if you can) and get one of these trendy water-bottles instead to refill.
- Use a clothesline or rack to dry your clothes by air.
- Get your own reusable coffee cup to bring when you get a take-away coffee. I love the KeepCup, and now you can even design your own on their site.
- When cleaning use cloths instead of paper, you can even re-use your old towels or t-shirts instead of buying new cloths.
- Repurpose glass jars and empty packaging as food containers & storage.
- Take the stairs instead of using the elevator or escalator.
- Eat less meat, what about introducing meatfree-mondays ?
- Try to walk or ride your bike as much as possible instead of using your car. If you can’t, use public transport.
- Cancel your newspaper and magazine subscription and read it online.
- Remember to turn off your computer at night… zzz….
In the words of Michael Jackson; “Heal the world, make It a better place for you and for me and the entire human race”.