Want to see a video of what me and my dog Bowie get up to on a slow Sunday at home? After learning a lot this past month about filming and video editing I am finally back with a new YouTube video and very happy to share a little snippet into my life with you. So sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy.
Want to try to make the banana cupcakes? I can confirm they are so delicious – a lovely treat to make on a Sunday when you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to spend too long in the kitchen. It is nice to start a new week with a fresh batch of the at hand for hygge moments. Find the recipe below and why not bake them along with me?
(This recipe is for about 24 small cupcakes.)
C U P C A K E S:
You will need:
3 bananas (1 is for decor)
250 g sugar
115 g butter
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
200 g flour
170 g yoghurt
How to do it:
- Start by cutting up 2 bananas and mashing them up.
- Put the sugar and butter in a separate bowl, which you are going to cream together bye hand or with a mixer.
- After that it is time to add in all of the rest of the ingredients. Start by cracking in 3 eggs.
- Then add in all of the dry ingredients: the baking powder, baking soda, salt as well as the flour.
- Lastly add in the wet ingredients: the yoghurt and lastly the masked bananas and mix everything together.
- Scoop the batter into your cupcake tins. I fill in roughly half of the tin with the batter, but you can also make them larger if you prefer.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes. I recommend checking them after 15 minutes.
F R O S T I N G
You will need:
40 g butter
80 g cream cheese
100 g caster sugar
1 tbsp milk
How to do it:
- Mix the cream cheese and the butter for a few minutes until smooth. I find its best to leave the butter at room temperature first so it is not too hard.
- Then, add in the caster sugar into the bowl and mix for further few minutes. I also add a teaspoon of milk which I find helps to make it less thick, but that is optional.
- When the cupcakes are cool, frost them – and enjoy :)
- Add a drop of vanilla, lime or sprinkle of cinnamon into the frosting for extra flavour.
- It is nice to add a little decorative touch on the top – a slice of banana works great and helps enhance the flavour!
- It is always best to make the frosting before serving, the measurements above is roughly for 24 small cupcakes but it depends on how much you add on each.
- If freezing, then make and add the frosting after defrosting before serving.
Baking is a lovely mindful activity to do on a Sunday, and the best part is that you end up with a delicious treat you can sit down and enjoy after. These banana cupcakes are an easy, quick treat I’m sure you will like.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and my slow Sunday at home video. Please head over to my YouTube channel to give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel – your support means a lot and helps me create more hygge content.
Thank you for watching!
// Photo & video credit: Ingrid Opstad
Have you tried to make my recipe? Share a photo on Instagram and tag me so I can see!